Hill College

Frequently Asked Questions

Are there any special requirements to register for CWE classes?

While college admission is not required, some CWE classes do have special requirements, and therefore, you must register in person. These classes include the Health Careers classes. However, most classes do not have special requirements. Simply register and attend class!

How do I pay for classes?

Payment is due upon registration. If payment is not received within 24 hours after registration, your registration may be purged. Walk-in registrants may pay in person with cash, check or credit card. Those who register by phone may use a credit card. Students who fax or email their registration should include credit card payment information on the form.

When should I register?

Registration for CWE classes begins when classes are published in print or online. Registration continues up until the first day of the class or until the class fills. Early registration is encouraged as some classes fill quickly.

How are CWE classes different than credit classes?

CWE classes differ in four primary ways:

First, while some classes may have some requirements to fulfill prior to registering, you do not have to apply to the college in order to enroll.

Second, our classes start throughout the year, rather than at set times during a college semester.

Third, our classes are generally fast-track, meaning that they are shorter in length in order to accommodate your schedule and your need for skills you can use immediately.

Finally, you will not receive a grade for the class, but for classes that you successfully complete, you will receive a certificate of completion. For classes geared toward workforce development, you will be awarded Continuing Education Units (CEUs).

What is a CEU?

A CEU (Continuing Education Unit) is 10 contact hours of participation in an organized, non-credit continuing education experience. Therefore, one CEU is awarded for every 10 hours of training completed.

Is funding available?

CWE classes do not qualify for federal financial aid. However, TPEG (Texas Public Education Grant) monies are available for some Health Careers programs. To qualify, students complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Contact the CWE Office for more information. Look at the schedule for programs that are “TPEG Eligible.”

How am I notified if a class is canceled?

There are two primary ways—by phone and by email. Therefore, it is very important that in filling out your registration form, you list a current phone number and email that you check frequently.

What about a refund for a class that cancels or that I do not attend?

For classes/programs canceled by the college, the college will refund 100 percent. To receive a refund for classes you do not attend, you must submit a Drop Form prior to the class starting. You will receive a 100 percent refund if the Drop Form is received three or more business days prior to class start. There are no refunds thereafter. Note: For programs requiring multiple course enrollments, you will receive 75 percent if the Drop Form is received less than three business days prior to program start and prior to the third class meeting of the first class. No refunds will be issued thereafter. Refunds will be issued by check in 10-14 business days.

What if there is inclement weather?

In the event of inclement weather, visit the Hill College website at www.hillcollege.edu for closure information.

What about parking?

When you register, you will receive a temporary parking pass. You can pick it up in the Community and Workforce Education Office.

Is there a senior citizen discount?

Texas resident students age 65 or older may be exempt from payment of all tuition for Community and Workforce Education classes. This is allowed only on a space-available basis and must be requested in person.