At Hill College our students, faculty and staff make a concerted effort to be involved in our local communities.
This is a small sample of the activities we are involved in:
- Flu Shot Clinics—coordinated by the Human Resources Department.
- Cholesterol and Blood Pressure Clinics—coordinated by our Nursing students.
- Blood Drives-coordinated by the Office of Student Life.
- Guns & Hoses Softball Tournament—Our Fire Academy and Police Academy students collected water and clothing for people affected by local fires.
- Dig Pink Night—Lady Rebel Volleyball raised funds for Breast Cancer Awareness.
- Wear Pink—Lady Rebel Basketball sold pink Hill College T-shirts to raise funds for Breast Cancer Awareness.
- Locks of Love—Our Cosmetology students collect hair for this charity.
- Annual History Trails Trip—coordinated by the Texas Heritage Museum and History faculty members.
- Primping for the Prom—Hair and Nails donated to Special Needs Prom-goers in Cleburne by our Cosmetology students.
- Hill College Salon and Spa—Run by our Cosmetology students is open to the public.
- Financial Literacy Brownbag Lunch—sponsored by the Office of Student Life and Herring Bank.
- Wish Upon a Star—Christmas Campaign run by the Counseling Office. Its aim is assist a child at Christmas by giving them their dreams.
- Rowdy Rebels Relay for Life Team—Burleson, Hill and Johnson County Student Government Association.
- Food for Families Drive—coordinated by the Hillsboro Trio students.
- Soap Drive for the Humane Society—coordinated by the Johnson County Student Government Association.
- Hill College Employees Support the Troops—Christmas gifts, food, gift certificates for Military Readiness Soldiers stationed at Ft. Hood.
- Christmas Toy Drive—coordinated by the Hill College Student Government Association.
- Ladies Health Fair at Hill Regional Hospital—coordinated by our Professional Nursing students
- Sports Camps—coordinated Hill College Athletics Department.
- Interview Skills Workshops for the Work in Texas Center in Cleburne—delivered by the Human Resources Department.
- Holiday on the Hill Craft Expo—coordinated by the Office of Student Services.
- Boots and Suits Gala—coordinated by the President's Office and the Boots and Suits Committee.
- Eating on the Hill—Our cafeteria serves nutritious meals five days a week for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. It is open to the public.
- Martin Luther King Day Events—coordinated by the Counseling Center.
- JCC Fall Food Drive—coordinated by the Johnson County Campus Student Government Association, benefiting the Family Crisis Center.
- Bottled Water Relief—coordinated by the Johnson County Campus Student Government Association and the American Red Cross benefiting Texas Firefighters.
- Support for West--relief efforts for the community of West were coordinated by Hill College and the Hill College Student Government Associations. These included a food, clothing and supply drive, Wear Red for West Day fundraising drive, the establishment of a scholarship in memory of Perry Calvin, and new training efforts geared to meet the needs of volunteer first responders.