The mission of the Criminal Justice Department of Hill College is to prepare students for transfer degrees as well as successful careers in the students' desired profession. We seek to provide comprehensive curriculum and hands-on technology that will allow students to be abreast of the most current and emerging trends in the fields of Criminal Justice and Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counseling.
- Four Separate Areas of Study/Specialization Available
- Program Offered in Hill and Johnson Counties
- Certificate and Associate Degree Options Available
- Dual Admission Available with Several Universities
Hill College recognizes that criminal justice is one of America’s fastest-growing career fields. Hill’s qualified faculty and modern facilities ensure you are prepared to meet that demand. Our criminal justice program provides five areas of study/specialization, with certificate and associate degree options offered at both the Hillsboro and Cleburne campuses. Additionally, you may choose from an associate of arts or an associate of applied science degree.
In the program, you can gain a successful foundation in areas such as law enforcement, corrections, drug and alcohol abuse counseling, and evidence technology. Our curriculum offers you the theory and practical instruction necessary for students to be prepared for their chosen field.
Sampling of Classes:
- Introduction to Criminal Justice
- Court Systems and Practices
- Crime in America
- Fundamentals of Criminal Law
- Juvenile Justice
- Community Resources in Corrections
- Correctional Systems and Practices
- Criminal Investigations
- Legal Aspects of Law Enforcement
- Police Systems and Practices