The mission of the Hill College Business Department is to provide students with high quality business curricula that will enhance the business knowledge and skills they will need to become competent business professionals in our community.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Business Administration/Management is found in all industries and is excepted to grow by 12 percent in the next several years. Business is the largest undergraduate major in the United States, and it's still growing. The Business, Management and Administration career cluster is concerned with providing knowledge and skills related to planning, organizing, directing and evaluating business functions essential to efficient and productive business operations. Business Management and Administration career opportunities are available in every sector of the economy. This would include careers related to Accounting, Business Info Systems, Management, Office Administration, Human Resources. Hill College’s Business Certificates and Associate Degrees provides up-to-date management skills for the business and industrial community and anyone seeking first-line business positions as well as upgrading the skills of those presently in the industry. The degrees offer management, marketing and academic core courses.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES- Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of problem solving and decision making.
- Communicate ideas and information effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Demonstrate skill in the use of computer software application and technology in business and industry.
- Perform math/accounting skills to identify and solve problems.
- Demonstrate analytical and critical-thinking skills with direct application to business environments.
- Demonstrate a capability to effectively manage relations and diversity in professional environments.
Basic Management Skills
Certificate of Completion
16 credit hours
Advanced Management Skills
Certificate of Technology
42 credit hours
Associate in Applied Science
60 credit hours