Being prepared for an emergency
At Hill College, we believe the safety of the students, employees, and community we serve is vitally important. Things happen that are beyond our control. But we can control how we respond to these incidents. Know the plan for your campus before an emergency happens and sign up for RebelAlert, Hill College's mobile alert system.
Hill College Emergency Mass Notification System
Hill College now uses a system called Rebel Alert to quickly send out critical information in the event of an emergency or campus closing.
This service enables administrators to send emergency notifications to up to six phone numbers and two e-mail addresses per student and employee.
All employees and enrolled students will automatically be signed up for Rebel Alert using the email and phone number currently on file. However, you will need to log on to make sure your information on file is correct and up-to-date, and to select your primary contact number.
Choose any or all of the following methods of notification:
Voice messages to home phones, work phones, cell phones, and e-mail addresses
Text messages to cell phones or PDAs
Text messages to e-mail accounts
Messages to TTY/TDD receiving devices for the hearing impaired
The service is free, but standard text message charges from your cell phone provider may apply. How quickly you receive the alert may vary according to your cellular network.
Rebel Alert provides the entire Hill College community with immediate emergency information, but you must update your information
Types of emergencies
Rebel Alert is only used for critical situations such as:
- Intruder lockdown (a crime in progress on campus)
- Police activity lockdown (a crime near the campus)
- Severe weather warning (tornado, flooding, high winds)
- Emergency evacuations (fire, bomb threats)
- Shelter-in-place (gas leak, Haz-mat spill)
- Campus closing (power outage, water main break)
- Inclement weather (icy roads)
How to update your information
- Log on to Rebel Alert through Blackboard Connect using your Hill College email address and ID# (found on your Rowdy Card ID).
- Check information listed, and update as necessary.
- Be sure to select a "Main Contact" phone number.
- Click on "Update My Information".
- Confirm your information by clicking yes or no and selecting your correct address.
- It then signs out for you, and you are done! Your information is updated.
Click the icon below to update your information now!