What is TRiO?
Student Support Services is a program designed to improve student retention, graduation, and success rates by creating an institutional climate supportive of under prepared and under-represented students. This program is funded by the Department of Education as a part of the TRiO Program.
How can this program help me?
- Transfer assistance
- Personal and Academic Counseling
- Individual/Group Tutoring
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Study Skills Information
- Cultural Enrichment Events
- Financial Aid Advisement
- Time/Stress management Skills
- Referrals to Agencies and Resources
- References for College Placement Tests
- Individual Education Plan
How do I qualify for this program?
- You are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States?
- You are accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled at Hill College
- You are in need of academic support (determined at intake)
- You are attending classes in Hillsboro
- You belong to one or more of these categories:
- First generation college student (neither of your parents has earned a 4-year degree
- Adjusted income level
- Disabled (hearing, mobility, learning) – verification required
Click on the application below, to print and fill out the TRIO application. Then return the completed application to:
Attn: Traci Brown
112 Lamar Dr.
Hillsboro, TX 76645
TRIO Application (pdf)