The Employee Appreciation Campaign will allow supervisors the opportunity to recognize an individual employee, a group of employees, and/or an entire department.
How the Program Works
- There will be a pool of money allocated for each department based on the number of employees in that group. The money will be split by each Vice President. We would use the PO system as the approval process. Each supervisor will submit a PO including the employee’s name and the reason they are being recognized. The PO would then move through the normal PO approval process.
- The Employee Recognition committee will use a portion of the budgeted money to buy a supply of some giveaways to have on hand for supervisors (If supervisors choose to use these items, it would not come out of their budgeted amount) We will also have note cards/thank you cards for supervisors to use.
- Each Employee will be given an Employee Appreciation Questionnaire that they will complete and return to their supervisor. Going forward, this form will be included as part of HR’s new hire paperwork.
- Supervisors will use this questionnaire as guidance on how best to recognize employees. Employees may be recognized for certain work accomplishments and/or contributions such as:
- Customer Service
- Innovative Ideas or processes
- Taking on extra responsibilities or special projects
- Collaboration or support of a team effort
- Birthdays and/or special events
- Just because
- The questionnaire will guide supervisors on how their employees like to be recognized and some of their favorite things.
- There is no limit on how many times an employee may be recognized in a given year, nor is there a minimum. This program is truly to allow supervisors the opportunity to make an employee feel appreciated.
- Each month (or quarter), Vice Presidents and/or Directors will submit a list of their employees that were recognized for that given period.