faculty giving t-shirt to student

College should be about setting goals and celebrating milestones. That’s why Hill College created 15 Forward, Think 30 and Clock the Credit-45.

15 Forward is named for the major achievement of completing the first 15 semester credit hours at Hill College.

Think 30 is named for the completion of 30 semester credit hours at Hill College.

Clock the Credit-45 is named for the completion of 45 semester credit hours at Hill College.

Of course, there are many other milestones on the road to achieving your goals. We encourage you to set them, meet them and celebrate them. Use the links at the left to find some helpful resources.

Remember, if you keep moving forward, you will meet your goals. We’ll help you celebrate along the way.


Apply online using the Texas Common Application, Apply Texas, located at: https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/gen/c_start.WBX

After applying online, you will need to obtain official transcripts:  Official High School transcript or High School Equivalency Certificate, Official College/University transcripts and/or military transcripts.  Proof of meningitis vaccination for students 22 years of age or younger must be submitted before 1st class day.


Official transcripts are free of charge.  All requests for official transcripts must be in written form and signed by the student.  Students may:

  • Request an official transcript in person at any of the Hill College campuses/centers, by completing a transcript request form. Transcripts can be printed and picked up at the Hill County Campus, Johnson County Campus or Burleson Center in the Student Information Services office;
  • Download, print, complete, scan, and email the transcript request form to enrollmentinfo@hillcollege.edu;
  • Download, print, complete and fax the transcript request form to either 817.556.2142 or 254.582.7591; or
  • Download, print, complete and mail the transcript request form to: Hill College, Student Information Services, 112 Lamar Drive, Hillsboro, TX  76645.


A student with access to the Internet can go to www.fafsa.ed.gov to complete the Free Application for Federal Student aid via the web. This process allows the student to enter a new application or enter renewal application information.  When the Hill College Student Information Services Office receives the Institutional Student Information Report (ISIR) from the federal processor, a file is considered active. Staff will review the information reported from the student application and send a checklist of documentation that is needed to complete the file.  Once a student receives a reply from the federal processor or Hill College, it becomes the student's responsibility to contact the Student Information Services Office to complete his/her file.  Your financial aid is not complete until you receive an Award Letter from Hill College. You must re-apply each year.  Priority deadlines are July 1 for the fall semester and Nov. 1 for the spring semester.

The identification number for Hill College is 003573.


The amount of financial aid that a student is eligible to receive will be determined by the Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) that is calculated by the Federal processor and which appears on the SAR and/or ISIR.  This is the amount that a student and/or his/her family is expected to contribute towards the cost of meeting their educational expenses.  Another factor that determines the amount of aid that will be received is the Cost of Attendance or Cost of Education. This is the amount, as determined by federal and state guidelines, that it will cost the average student to attend Hill College.  Various types of aid are available to students who meet criteria and include: Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG), Federal Work Study Program (FWS), Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG), State Work Study, Texas Grant and Texas Educational Opportunity Grant.


All students receiving federal and/or state financial aid must demonstrate satisfactory academic progress (SAP) in accordance with institutional, federal and/or state guidelines.  All periods of enrollment at Hill College must be counted, including semesters where the student did not benefit from financial aid.  There are three components included in the standards that compose satisfactory academic progress: cumulative grant point average (GPA), successful completion of courses, and time frame.  A cumulative GPA of a at least 2.0 must be maintained upon completion of each semester. 67% of all hours attempted each semester must be completed to successfully maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP). Federal guidelines stipulate that the maximum time frame for successful program completion may not exceed 150% of the published length of the program.  


Payment is due at the time of registration and a student can be dropped at any time for non-payment.  Payments can be made in person at the Hill County Campus or Johnson County Campus, as well as online through MyHC. Additionally, Hill College is pleased to offer NBS as a convenient online payment option.  Students who choose to use NBS may select installment plans that are spread over several months, depending on the length of the semester. Payments may make payments from their checking or saving account, Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover credit cards.  The only cost to budget monthly payments through NBS is a $35 per semester, nonrefundable NBS Enrollment Fee. If a student chooses to pay in full instead of creating a monthly payment plan, the charge for using NBS is only $2.  There is a $25 returned payment fee if a payment is returned. 


Refunds are issued either to your Rowdy Card or personal account. Refunds are usually done weekly except during registration and late registration, when payment may be delayed. Students should follow the Student Choice steps to select method of payment.


The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is an assessment used to determine whether or not a student is ready to enroll in college level coursework according to the Texas Success Initiative standards for Math, Reading and Writing.

The information below provides the cut scores and what they mean.

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3

College Ready

Math Score

335 or Below



350 or Higher

Reading Score

341 or Below



351 or Higher

Writing Score

349 or Below



Essay 5 or higher OR 4 and 363


The cost for the TSI is $39 for one or all three sections.  A student should plan on five to six hours to take all three sections of the TSI or approximately two hours per section. A student can retake the TSI. The cost is $39 for each retake. There is a 24-hour waiting period between retakes. Any student taking the TSI must have an appointment and can schedule at either the Hill County Campus or Johnson County Campus.


Most, if not all of classes will transfer to a university. You need to check with the college you are transferring to in order to be absolutely certain that the class or classes will transfer and be applicable to your degree at the new college. You can also use the Texas Common Core Numbering System website to see how community college courses compare to the university courses, at www.TCCNS.org.


Hill College offers the traditional 16-week courses but also offers two 8-week terms within the 16-week semester. Hill College offers a December-mini and May-mini, which are 3 week terms at the end of the 16-week semester. The classes offered are the equivalent of the traditional 16-week class just in a shorter time frame. Check with the Academic Advising and Success Center to see if your program can be finished quicker by using these shorter terms.


Pay a $300 deposit, complete the Resident Application, complete the Release of Background Information, submit a copy of driver’s license or state ID and be enrolled in 12 semester hours. Residence Halls are limited and are available on first-come, first-served basis on the Hill County Campus.


Parking stickers are required for any vehicle parked at a campus/center.  There is no fee required for parking stickers.  A student just needs to complete a  Student Parking Request form  and submit it to the Student Life Office on the Hill County Campus, the Dean of Students on the Johnson County Campus, or the Campus Representative at the Burleson Center.  


The Rowdy card is your college identification card and is also a debit card.  A student has the option to go online and do a direct deposit into their bank account for any refunds or disbursements that they might receive or have the refunds deposited to their Rowdy card to use like any other debit card. Any student on campus is expected to carry their IDs with them at all times. The students may also need them to enter any athletic events, wellness center and student centers.


The Student Government Associations host events on the Hill County Campus, Johnson County Campus, and Burleson Higher Education Center. Events are open for all students. Join SGA to plan as well as participate in their events.

On-campus amenities at the Hill and Johnson County Campus include a student center, where students can play pool, ping pong, watch tv, play video games, and shuffleboard. Each campus also offers wellness centers.

The sports teams on the Hill County Campus offer year-round entertainment for spectators.

Check out Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and This Week on the Hill to catch a glimpse of campus happenings.


Ways Students Succeed

The Academic Advising and Success Center has advisors that can assist you in identifying the best career fields for you. Visit them today!
Student Navigators are available to help you throughout the year with your financial needs. To find out what programs you qualify for, visit our Student Information Services office or go to the Financial Aid page on the Hill College website
Hill College offers free tutoring in a variety of subjects online and in person. Visit the Academic Advising and Success Center or go online at www.hillcollege.edu/tutoring.
Hill College advisors can help you reach your educational goals even in the most trying of times. Visit the Academic Advising and Success Center today!
Hill College has a number of student organizations that you can be a part of. Find out more about them and how to join at www.hillcollege.edu/campuslife
The Intramural Sports Program at Hill College features sand volleyball, flag football and disk golf. Find out more at the student center or online at www.hillcollege.edu/intramurals
The Wellness Center on the Hill County Campus and the Weight Room on the Johnson County Campus are open Monday through Friday for your use. Visit today!
The Hill College Players are an ensemble made up of students and faculty from across a wide variety of disciplines. The Players have a long history of producing quality theatre enjoyed by Hill College and the surrounding communities.
Don’t wait! Connect with your Faculty members right away. Let them know what is going on and ask them for help. If you are going through it, they have probably already heard it and have a solution.
Does testing make you nervous? The Academic Advising and Success Centers have resources to assist students with testing tips and strategies. 
Anxious? Discuss time management skills to help you succeed!
Register early. Registration for upcoming semesters is usually open by mid-term of the current semester. By registering early you save a seat in the class— should something come up before classes start, you can change your classes at a later date. Stop by the Academic Advising and Success Center for assistance!
The free Brainfuse online tutoring service lets you submit your writing assignments to their online writing lab. You will receive feedback so that you can improve your work before you turn it in for a grade. Find out more at Brainfuse.
Don’t wait! Join or start a study group. You can meet in the Student Center, Library, Computer Labs or local coffee shops. Studying with classmates is a great way to stay motivated! See the Academic Advising and Success Center for assistance!
Take some time the first week of classes to copy the due dates of all of your assignments into your calendar. Then skip back two weeks and put a note reminding you of upcoming assignments and exams.
After class is over and you've put in another long day, come to the Student Center to get away and relax. Located in the heart of our campuses, these centers allow students a chance to unwind and get out a little physical excursion by playing pool, ping-pong, basketball, volleyball, shuffle board, board games, video games and watching TV.